What's wrong with Hetalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Admin's other interests
What Admin likes about Hetalia EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 7:41 pm by Admin

» My story...
What Admin likes about Hetalia EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 7:31 pm by Admin

» The fantastical introduction of....myself.
What Admin likes about Hetalia EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 8:01 am by Nastja-Chan

» Admin's Anime Interests
What Admin likes about Hetalia EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 6:12 pm by Admin

» The Random Thought Thread ~ [Let's Chat!]
What Admin likes about Hetalia EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 6:04 pm by Admin

» The obvious and yet oblivious racism.
What Admin likes about Hetalia EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 4:54 pm by ajshim

» About the Whole Yaoi-thing
What Admin likes about Hetalia EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 5:24 pm by ajshim

» Now Playing
What Admin likes about Hetalia EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 8:14 pm by Admin

» Anime Watchlist Anyone?
What Admin likes about Hetalia EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 3:50 am by Make it Quick

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

What Admin likes about Hetalia

2 posters

Go down

What Admin likes about Hetalia Empty What Admin likes about Hetalia

Post by Admin Thu May 24, 2012 5:03 pm

So, after a long time, I finally came back... to say what exactly I like about the quite controversial show.

Let me just copy-paste what I wrote on another site about my likes:

"I know Hetalia is not perfect. I mean, no human being can create something that is loved by all, as there are many people with opposing views. But, despite the few controversies and mishaps, I love the show with all my might. When I didn't know about it, I felt as if I was not happy. That was because all my days were spent either studying or being with my friends, who I could not relate to because of their love of manga/anime and my ambivalence to it; and other reasons as well. However, one day, they found out about this one that was much different than the others: Axis Powers Hetalia. Immediately, one of my friends started loving Canada, and made a poster about him in French class. Me, being a Canadian in an American school, was interested, so I asked her about it. Sooner or later, I found the Hetalia Wikia site, and as I read further, my interest in it grew. Then I watched it, and read it, and immediately fell in love with it. Later on, I got in this stage of hating it, then loving it again, then hating it... I mostly hated it because I thought the idea of portraying war like that was offensive, and because of Canada's representation (and many other more reasons). But then... I realized I was taking everything FAR TOO SERIOUSLY. I mean, it wasn't meant at all to be offensive in any way, and even Hidekaz himself said so.
So, things that I like... First, the concept itself. I mean, who wouldn't want to see their country as a human who they can love and laugh at at times (... Yep, I laughed at "Maple hockey"...)? It interested me at the first second, since I have always loved to learn about other countries and their history. Second, IT IS TRUE THAT IT DOES NOT TEACH HISTORY. However, not only does it provide a few facts that make you want to learn more, but it actually makes you interested. I always loved history, but Hetalia made me love it even more. Thirdly, some sketches are so funny! True, it does not have any plot. But it started as a webcomic, so it wasn't supposed to become that big. Webcomics don't have to have plots. I mean, look at Hetalia's Western equivalent, Scandinavia and the World. No one's complaining about it having no plot. It's just countries hanging around together! And it's hilarious and interesting! So, it compensates. This is actually one of the reasons why I got into APH. Normal mangas with their weird, drama-y plots never really interested me. I got really bored after 40 episodes of Naruto (and there were even more... maaaany more...), and I came across this very perverted anime whose name I forgot, but it was really gross. So, I'm not the anime type of person, bu Hetalia is just so different... in a good way. Another reason why I love it is because it introduced me to many other amazing things. For example: Scandinavia and the World became my favourite webcomic. Eurovision, which is so fun if related to Hetalia. The Barenaked Ladies. Avenue Q. And so many other things! And finally, although not all the fandom is great, I love what the great people of this fandom do. I have read fanfics that made me weep with joy or sorrow. I saw beautiful art that looks so similar to the real one, sometimes even better. The people can be found everywhere, and RPing with them is so much fun. There are so many other reasons that I like Hetalia, but I already wrote too much. I just really like it.
Yay Very Happy"
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://whatswrongwithaph.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

What Admin likes about Hetalia Empty Re: What Admin likes about Hetalia

Post by Make it Quick Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:22 am

Yay ~~ that was nice story.
Make it Quick
Make it Quick

Back to top Go down